Sunday, February 17, 2013

     Bacon Chive Cheeseball

     Today was my turn to teach the lesson in Young Womens.  I chose the Plan of Salvation and for my object lesson, we went on a trip....first, to a place where we could have all the candy we wanted (but only candy--Telestial Kingdom).....second, to a place where we could have all the candy, bread and water that we wanted (a few more choices but still very limited--Terrestrial Kingdom).....and third, to a place where we could have our pick of all the choices that were available and as much as we wanted (unlimited choices and unlimited resources--Celestial Kingdom).  In the 'smorgasbord' for the last one, I had made a cheese ball and was asked for the recipe so I will share it here.

     I actually got the idea for this cheese ball from the elementary school where I did my student teaching.  Someone brought one in and left it on the teacher's table in the staff room.  I loved it!  I didn't get a recipe but a co-worker did tell me the ingredients sooooo being my usual self....I experimented until I found something which I liked that was similar.


Bacon Chive Cheeseball

2 pkgs cream cheese (room temp)
3 oz bottle of Hormel Real Bacon Bits (Use more or less depending on your taste...you could also use real bacon and break it up into bits)
1/4-1/2 cup chives (cut fine)
1-3 T Worcestershire sauce (depend again on your taste....I like it strong)
 1/4-1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
      
Mix all ingredients together (except nuts) until well blended.  Place in refrigerator for several hours to allow it to firm up.  Mold into a ball and roll in the nuts.  Serve with crackers.

I didn't serve mine with nuts but that is only because I can never be sure who might be allergic to them.  I prefer mine covered with walnuts.  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment